Botvin LifeSkills Training (LST) is a research-validated substance abuse prevention program proven to reduce the risks of alcohol, tobacco, drug abuse, and violence by targeting the major social and psychological factors that promote the initiation of substance use and other risky behaviors. This comprehensive and exciting program provides adolescents and young teens with the confidence and skills necessary to successfully handle challenging situations.
Rather than merely teaching information about the dangers of drug abuse, Botvin LifeSkills Training promotes healthy alternatives to risky behavior through activities designed to:
- Teach participants the necessary skills to resist social (peer) pressures to smoke, drink, and use drugs
- Help participants to develop greater self-esteem and self-confidence
- Enable participants to effectively cope with anxiety
- Increase their knowledge of the immediate consequences of substance abuse
- Enhance cognitive and behavioral competency to reduce and prevent a variety of health risk behaviors
Botvin LifeSkills Training is available to schools and after-schools programs throughout the county. Contact us for details.
Preview the middle school activities HERE!